Sunday, January 17, 2010

WONDERFUL FRUIT PANCAKES

I have made these pancakes several times now and each time they turn out wonderful and always taste great.  I have made them for friends and the DH and they all rave about the texture and taste.  The recipe calls for fruit and I have used a variety of fruit each time.  I have made the pancakes using frozen saskatoons, fresh strawberries and bananas chopped, or diced apples.  As this recipe makes 16 to 18 pancakes, I have made a full recipe and I have also halved it depending on the number of people at the table.  You can put the leftovers in the fridge for the next day.  I think what makes this recipe different than others I have made is the yogurt.  These pancakes are light.  The picture I have taken of my plate has peanut butter and a little bit of syrup smeared on my pancakes and a few pieces of crispy bacon.



INGREDIENTS:

1 3/4 cups of flour - white or a mixture of white and whole wheat
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites or 1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
1 tbsp canola oil
1 cup berries or other fruit chopped or diced

DIRECTIONS:

Combine all of the ingredients except the fruit in a bowl and blend until smooth.  Stir in the fruit.  Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and drop the batter by large tablespooons onto the pan.  Cook each side until brown (about 2 to 3 minutes).  Serve with maple syup, applesauce, peanut butter, syrup or your other favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment