Monday, March 14, 2011

PASTA SALAD WITH TUNA

One needs variety for lunch time meals and I made this recipe for one of my work lunches.  The ingredients can vary depending on what you have in your cupboards and fridge.  I like including pasta or rice in my salads along with some protein.  Adding both starch and protein to a salad creates a complete meal.  I will provide the ingredients and directions through the following photos.


Place 1/2 cup of cooked pasta in a container.

Chop up vegetables.  I chopped red pepper, cucumber, green onion, sugar snow peas and grape tomatoes and place it on top of the pasta. 

Add a good handful of spinach to the salad. 
Drain the tuna and add half of the can to the salad.

I love cilantro so I chopped a small handful of leaves and placed it on top of the tuna. 

Top view of the layered salad.

Side view of the salad.

I added some light ranch salad dressing and tossed everything together in the container.

No comments:

Post a Comment