Saturday, June 18, 2011

CARROT CLEANSER

I am enjoying the new juicer that we recently purchased and the DH and I are trying out some new recipes.  I haven't yet made a fruit based juice.  While grocery shopping today we bought a box of mangoes and a bag of limes so some experimentation will start.  Today I made a carrot cleanser and the following ingredients make enough for one glass.  If making for two people you need to double it which I did.  This recipe is rated good for detox, immunity energy, digestion and skin.  I do find that having one glass of juice is quite filling and I am not looking to eat anything else for awhile.

INGREDIENTS:
3 carrots
1/2 apple
1/2 beet
1 stalk of celery
2 large kale leaves
1 small piece of ginger

Vegetables, apple and ginger are washed and ready to be juiced.

Top view of the glass of juice. 

Front view of the glass of juice.  The beet and carrots give the juice its dark hue.

No comments:

Post a Comment