Friday, February 24, 2012

FLAX MUFFIN IN A MUG

I have been making this muffin in a mug for breakfast several times a week.  It is very easy to make.  The coconut flakes and chopped almonds are optional in the recipe but I do add them to the mixture prior to cooking.  I found that 45 seconds is sufficient cooking time in my microwave.  If you are using a really thick mug to make the muffin you may need more time than the 45 seconds.  Once the muffin is cooked, I add some berries and yogurt as a topping.  I find that this muffin is filling and keeps me satisfied for the morning.  


Muffin right after cooking.

Muffin turned out onto a plate.

Flax Muffin in a Mug

INGREDIENTS:

1 tsp butter
1 egg
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
dash of cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp splenda   
1 tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
1/2 tbsp unsweetened flaked coconut (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Spray a mug with vegetable pan spray, add butter and microwave for 15 seconds to melt the butter.  Add the rest of the ingredients to the mug, stir to combine everything together and microwave for one minute.  Depending on the strength of your microwave, one minute may be too long.  Start at 45 seconds and add extra time if the muffin is not cooked.  You can turn the muffin out on a plate or you can eat it right from the mug. 

Adapted from sparkpeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment