Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SAUTE RED CABBAGE

One of my girlfriend loves saute red cabbage.  She provided me with the recipe that is simple and has few ingredients.  One of the ingredients that makes this dish delicious is using lemon flavoured oil.  I recently bought some of this oil and have been using it to saute vegetables.   I liked the taste of this recipe and will make it again.

Onion and cabbage starting to cook.

Ready to serve at the table. 
INGREDIENTS:


1 tbsp oil ( I used lemon flavoured)
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/4 head of red cabbage, chopped
1 to 2 tbsp sweet red chilli sauce

DIRECTIONS:


In a medium size frying pan, heat the oil on medium high and add the onion.  Saute for a minute and add the cabbage.  Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring the vegetables every few minutes.  Add the chilli sauce and combine with the cabbage and onion.  Serve 3 to 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment