Monday, July 2, 2012

FENNEL SALAD

When I buy fennel I usually roast it in the oven or on the barbecue.  I decided to make a salad instead and try something different.  I liked this salad as it was fresh tasting.  For the olive oil I used both regular olive oil and lemon infused olive oil.  I really like lemon infused oil and use it in a variety of dishes.  The parsley and mint were from the garden.


Fennel sliced paper thin.

Mint and parsley washed and ready to be chopped.

Salad ready to be served.
INGREDIENTS:

1 fennel bulb
small handful of fresh parsley and mint
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Wash the fennel bulb and chopped the ends off including any fern stalks.  Slice the bulb into chunks and using a food processor, process the fennel into paper thin slices.  Add the fennel slices to a medium to large size bowl.

Chop the parsley and mint and add to the fennel.  Mix well.  Add the lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper.  Combine well. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.  Serves 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment