Friday, July 20, 2012

SALMON WITH ALMOND AND PARSLEY TOPPING

While visiting with friends I was served this delicious salmon which had an almond and parsley topping.   My girlfriend provided me with the list of ingredients and I figured out the proportions.   I made a light coating for the almond and parsley topping and you could increase the amounts to make a heavier topping.

This is a wonderful recipe and both the DH and I enjoyed it.  I served the salmon with lemon wedges,  new potatoes roasted in the oven and salad.



Almond and parsley mixture. 

Mixture is spread on the salmon before baking.

Cooked and ready to be served.


INGREDIENTS:


2 lbs salmon fillet
dijon mustard
10 almonds, chopped
small handful of parsley, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
zest from half a lemon
juice from half a lemon
3 tbsp maple syrup

DIRECTIONS:


Place the salmon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or tin foil.  If using tin foil, I spray the tin foil with Pam before placing the fillets on the pan.  Thinly spread the fillets with dijon mustard.

In a separate small bowl, combine the remainder of the ingredients.  Spread this mixture over the salmon as a topping.  Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F until cooked (25 minutes) or cook on the barbecue.  Serves four.

No comments:

Post a Comment