Sunday, May 26, 2013

VEGETABLES AND PASTA

Sometimes you need to do some freelancing when creating a meal for supper.  The ingredients may be determined by what you have and don't have in your cupboard and fridge.  One night I decided to cook some pasta and sauteed vegetables to create a meal for supper.

I have found a brand of pasta at Winner's that I quite like. It is not high in fibre but is colourful, made in Italy and has texture to it.

I cooked enough pasta to make at least three servings.  I only needed two servings for supper but I wanted to have some leftovers.  While the pasta was cooking, I sauteed the following vegetables in a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan:

1/2 large zucchini, chopped
large handful of mushrooms, chopped
8 asparagus spears, chopped
1/2 coloured pepper, chopped

After cooking the vegetables on medium heat until they were soft, I added about 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes, a tablespoon of basil pesto sauce and two tablespoons of Greek style sour cream.   I combined this with the sauteed vegetables in the pan and let it cook for another two minutes.

I drained the cooked pasta and placed it in a large bowl.  The sauteed vegetables were added and combined with the pasta.  It was now ready to be served.

Two new products that I have been using are in this photo.  These sun dried tomatoes that are a julienne cut is a wonderful product.  You can eat them out of the bag or add them to numerous recipes.  I also like the Greek sour cream.  It is not high in fat and it is so thick that you want to add it to a lot of different dishes.


Three staples from the fridge.


Vegetables with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment