Tuesday, November 3, 2015

VEGAN FAT FREE ZUCCHINI BROWNIES

Zucchini flourished in the garden this year and there are many recipes that can be made using zucchini.  You can add zucchini to muffins, breads, omelettes, casseroles, stews and soups.  You can sauté, fry, bake or roast zucchini.  I decided to make zucchini brownies as I saw this recipe in a blog that I follow- FatFree Vegan Kitchen.  I followed the recipe but made a few changes.  I used splenda for the small amount of sugar required.  I also added chocolate chips instead of walnuts to the batter.  I didn't make icing as I am not an icing kind of gal and I thought these brownies would be sweet enough with the splenda, dates and apple sauce added to the batter.  I baked the brownies for 35 minutes using convection heat but the recipe called for about 25 minutes.  We all like these brownies and they were consumed before it was necessary to freeze the leftovers.



Here is the link to the site for the recipe. 
vegan fat free zucchini brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment