Monday, November 13, 2017

BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT SOUP

Recently I bought two butternut squashes from the store that likes to sell things in large size volume ➡️ Costco. I have a few recipes for butternut squash soup and I wanted to try out the latest one I saw on a blog site from platedcravings.com. 

I made it today as part of supper and it is a wonderful soup. I added a few things to the ingredients and have provided them in the ingredient list. As I followed the directions laid out in the blog, I am providing the link to the site. The directions are really helpful as they include directions for pressure cooker, slow cooker and stove top. I made the soup using a pressure cooker. I did add a few others things to the ingredients including a carrot and some spices which I listed in the ingredient list. Both the DH and I really enjoyed this soup.




INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup butter
1 medium-large size onion, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 medium-large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 medium to large size butternut squash (3 to 4 pounds), peeled, seeds removed and cubed
salt and pepper to taste
4 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp cardamon 


DIRECTIONS:

Here is the link to the directions for making this soup using several different approaches. I used an immersion blender to puree the soup. It serves about 6 depending on portion size - butternut squash and carrot soup

No comments:

Post a Comment