Sunday, December 3, 2017

PEANUT BUTTER MINI BITES

I got this recipe from a friend of mine, Bev, who is a great cook and baker. She has been making them over the years and has told me that they are really good. I needed no further encouragement and made them. I have provided a number of options in the ingredient list. I used chunky natural peanut butter, apple sweetened dried cranberries, agave syrup, roasted pumpkin seeds and regular size chocolate chips as that was what I had in my pantry. Since the holiday season is approaching, Bev uses M&M's for colour and slivered almonds when making them at this time of the year. I used agave syrup and I think honey hardens more than agave when setting in the fridge. I would use honey instead of agave next time when I make them. The peanut butter mini bites are very good, they are sweet and satisfying.



Mixing the batter.
Used a small cookie scoop to shape the bites.

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup large rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butters
1/2 cup dried blueberries, cranberries or other dried berries 
1/4 cup liquid honey or agave
2 tbsp shelled sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or slivered almonds
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

Mix together all of the ingredients. Chill for at least 30 minutes until the mixture is firm. Using 2 tablespoons, roll into balls. You can reduce the size and make mini bite size pieces by using a small cookie scoop. I made 25 mini bites. If the batter doesn't harden enough, you can put it in the freezer for a few minutes. These mini bites can be stored in the fridge or freezer. I plan on storing them in the freezer. They taste good right out of the freezer.

Adapted from sticktogether.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment