Saturday, March 15, 2014

OH SHE GLOWS COOKBOOK

Some of you may be familiar with the blog site "Oh She Glows", written by Angela Liddon.  Her site is a very popular vegan blog site and has wonderful recipes.  Angela has just written a cookbook with over 100 recipes.  Angela's cookbook and website provides some background on her life's journey.  She talks about switching to a vegan diet about five years ago after struggling for many years with an eating disorder and eating low calorie processed foods.  Her transition to a vegan diet didn't happen overnight, it was a gradual process.  Her cookbook goes into more detail on her lifestyle changes and her cooking trails in creating recipes.  The recipe that started this all for her is a granola bar.  In 2009, Angela created a vegan energy bar and started to sell it online.  She was selling over 500 bars a week and she was making these bars by hand.  The recipe is included in her book.


There are a number of reasons why I like this cookbook.  It has ten easy to understand chapters, the recipes include tips and ingredient substitutions.  There are not many imitation vegan foods and generally the recipes are vegetable, fruit, grain, nuts, legumes and seed based.  The cookbook contains a chapter on ingredients and what a pantry could contain.  I did learn some things reading this chapter.  I also like the photographs of each of the recipes.

There are some recipes in the cookbook that I have been making already and it was good to see her suggestions for them.  I made two of her recipes today which I will blog in the near future.   If you are looking to add a new cookbook to your collection I would recommend this book.  It won't gather dust.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the review....I love to get the book as well and I think I do today ;-)

    Love from Germany,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete